Blue Corn Breakfast Taco//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 9 min Prep: 3 min
- 4 Mission® Artisan® Blue Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Low-sodium black beans
- 4 Eggs, large
- 1 tbsp Skim milk
- Salt and black pepper as needed
- Non-stick cooking spray as needed
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups Baby spinach leaves
- 1 oz. Aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Pico de gallo
- 1Place black beans in microwave-safe bowl and reheat in microwave.
- 2Combine eggs, milk and season with salt and black pepper as desired; whisk until well combined. Coat small non-stick sauté pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture and scramble. Remove from heat and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top; keep warm.
- 3Place second medium non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and minced garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add spinach and toss with heat-resistant spatula until spinach is dark green and slightly wilted.
- 4Heat four Mission® Artisan® Blue Corn Tortillas according to package directions and place on a flat work surface. Divide scrambled egg evenly among tortillas, layer with garlic sautéed spinach, and use a slotted spoon to divide beans evenly over top. Finish each with pico de gallo; serve immediately.
1. Substitute sautéed mushrooms in place of black beans if desired.
2. If pico de gallo is not available at your supermarket, use a fresh refrigerated salsa instead.
3. Add crisp crumbled bacon or ham for even more flavor.