Citrus Pork Tacos with Caramelized Root Vegetables//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 6 min Prep: 4 min
- 4 Mission® Artisan® Corn & Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 tsp. Canola oil
- 12 oz. Pork loin, cut into large 2½-inch chunks
- Salt and black pepper as needed
- 1/4 cup Orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 Onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups Root vegetables (mixture of beets, parsnips, sweet potatoes, butternut squash or celery root), diced
- 1/2 cup Red onions, thick julienne
- 4 Fresh thyme sprigs
- Non-stick cooking spray as needed
- 1Preheat conventional oven to 400ºF.
- 2Heat oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper as desired. Add to hot pan and sear on all sides until browned. Transfer pork to small saucepan over medium heat and add orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, onion, garlic cloves, Mexican oregano, cumin and chicken broth; bring to boil, cover and transfer to oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove from oven, pull out pork and shred with two forks; keep warm.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine diced root vegetables, red onion, fresh thyme sprigs and season as desired with salt and black pepper, tossing while coating with non-stick spray. Spread vegetable mixture in a single layer across a non-stick baking pan. Roast in Preheated oven for 40 minutes or until crispy and tender. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- 4Heat Mission® Artisan® Corn & Whole Wheat Tortillas according to package instructions. Place tortillas on flat work surface and divide shredded pork evenly and and top evenly with crispy root vegetables. Serve immediately with fresh orange wedges.
1. Add black beans for even more protein and textural variation.
2. Fry tortilla in small amount of canola oil for a crispy version of this taco.