Smoked Paprika Chicken Empanada//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 50 min Prep: 15 min
- 4 Mission® Artisan® Corn & Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups Diced butternut squash
- 6 Garlic cloves
- Non-stick cooking spray as needed
- 3 tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- 3 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup Rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed and shredded
- 2 tbsp. Slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp. Golden raisins
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 tsp. Water
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped (divided)
- 1/2 cup Strained Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1Preheat a conventional oven to 400ºF.
- 2In small mixing bowl, combine diced butternut squash and garlic cloves, tossing while coating with non-stick spray. Spread squash mixture in a single even layer across a non-stick baking pan. Roast in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3Lower oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 4Meanwhile, combine roasted garlic cloves, sherry vinegar and smoked paprika in a blender or food processor. Puree until sauce is smooth; set aside.
- 5In a second small mixing bowl, whisk a teaspoon of water into egg until well combined; set aside.
- 6Combine shredded chicken, raisins, almonds, roasted squash and reserved sauce in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat for 4 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- 7In the meantime, lay four Mission® Artisan® Corn & Whole Wheat Tortillas on a flat work surface, divide warm chicken mixture evenly over center of tortillas, brush outer edge of tortilla and gently fold to enclose fillings in half circle shape. Press edges to make a good seal. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Transfer empanadas to a non-stick baking pan and brush entire tops with egg wash.
- 8Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden and flaky.
- 9Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, cumin, lemon juice and cilantro in a small mixing bowl; serve with each empanada.
1. Cut tortilla in half and reduce the filling amount by half for appetizer or snack size triangle empanadas.
2. If you have leftover chicken breast, shred and use it, in place of rotisserie chicken.